Monday, December 15, 2008

Let Us Pray

God, in His Word, tells us to pray. Pray without ceasing. Pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you. Pray for your friends. Pray for deliverance. Pray for the sick. Pray for wisdom. Pray for Israel. Pray for forgiveness. Pray for guidance. Pray for strength. Pray to confess. Pray for the nations. Pray for miracles. Pray for the harvest. Pray and do not lose heart. Pray that love will abound. Pray for faith. Pray earnestly. Pray the Word of God.

Pray for those in authority over you.


God tells us to pray because God desires relationship with us. God hears and answers.

"Blessed be God, Who has not turned away my prayer, Nor His mercy from me!" - Psalm 66:20

"The LORD is far from the wicked, But He hears the prayer of the righteous." - Proverbs 15:29

"Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you." - Jeremiah 29:12

"And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." - Matthew 21:22

"Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him." - I John 5:14-15


We are called to pray for President-Elect Obama and for all those in authority. Let us pray for health, protection, godly wisdom, courage, strength and righteousness.


I like these prayers which Matt posted on his blog so I re-posted them here.

PRAYERS FOR THE PRESIDENT
I pray that You, O Lord will continually bring goodness and sweetness into the President's life rather than sorrow, causing him to know that taking joy in You makes him strong.--Nehemiah 8:10

I pray that the President will delight himself in You, Lord, knowing that You will give him the desires of his heart.--Psalm 37:4

I pray that the President will trust in You, Lord, with all his heart, and lean not on his own understanding. I pray that in all his ways he will acknowledge You, and You will direct his paths.--Proverbs 3:5-6

I pray that you will always help the President to have a gentle answer that turns away wrath, keeping him from harsh words that stir up anger.--Proverbs 15:1

O Lord, remind the President continually that You alone are His strength, and that it is You who allows him to accomplish any high and lofty goals.--Habakkuk 3:19

I pray that when the President faces obstacles he will remember that victory comes not by might nor by power, but by Your Spirit.--Zechariah 4:6

I pray that the President will always love You O Lord, with all his heart, with all his soul, with all his mind, and with all his strength and that he will love his neighbor as himself. Make him aware that there is no greater command than this.--Mark 12:30-31

O Lord, grant that the President remembers often Your deep and abiding love for him, knowing that he will ultimately be victorious spiritually because You died for him.--Romans 8:37

I pray that the President will put bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor and evil away from him with all malice. I pray also that kindness, tenderheartedness and forgiveness will characterize him, just as they do God and His Son Jesus Christ.--Ephesians 4:31-32

I pray that the President will turn to you for his strength, knowing that he can do all things through Christ who strengthens him.--Philippians 4:13

I pray that you will grant the President the passion and the will to do all his work heartily, remembering that he is serving You and not men.--Colossians 3:23

O faithful Lord and God, strengthen and protect the President and guard him from the evil one.--II Thessalonians 3:3

I pray that the President will submit willingly to You, O God, resisting the devil so the enemy will flee from him.--James 4:7

I pray that the President, by doing good, may silence the ignorance of foolish men.--I Peter 2:15

I pray, God, that the President will resist the temptation of pride and will humble himself under Your mighty hand, that in Your time you may lift him up.--I Peter 5:6

Lord, I ask You to help the President to confess his sins before You, remembering that You are faithful and just and will cleanse him from sin and forgive him for all unrighteousness.--I John 1:9

O God, let the President always be confident in approaching You, remembering that You hear his prayers when he asks in accord with Your will. May he always pray this way, with confidence.-- I John 5:14-15

No comments:

Post a Comment